1/2 Red Cabbage
Apple Cider Vinegar
Hot Sesame Oil
Cashew Butter (best is Artisana brand- though a little expensive!)
1. Take the cabbage, peel the first two layers off- make sure you are getting the clean, fresh layer underneath.
2. Cut it up! Slice it down the middle, put the flat side on the cutting board, cut vertical strips, then horizontal to get the small pieces needed for the salad.
3. Add some apple cider vinegar and sesame oil- let sit while you prepare the rest of the meal. This softens up the cabbage and makes it taste better. Mix the oil and vinegar to taste.
4. Cut up the scallions and cilantro! No secrets here- just chop and toss in with the cabbage.
5. Add in cashews and raisins- add as little or as much as you’d like of these. The more of both the better!
6. Simple stuff- done! Now to make the dressing. Pour about a ¼ cup of sesame oil into a clean bowl. Open the cashew butter, spoon out about half of the jar and put into a bowl- mix with the sesame oil until it is a smooth consistency.
Add the hot sesame oil and cayenne pepper- to taste! The high level of good fat in the cashew butter will dull the spice a bit so make sure you use enough! Pour a little bit of both in, taste, and go from there! Can never be too hot!
7. Pour it into the bowl with the rest of the salad. Simple as that!